Marketing & Communications DirectorJuly 19, 2021 | Open Until Filled
Spectrum Dance Theater (SDT) was founded in 1982 to bring dance of the highest merit to a diverse audience composed of people from different social, cultural, ethnic, and economic backgrounds.
SDT’s principal objective is to make the art form of dance accessible through contemporary dance performances and high-quality dance training in a variety of dance styles.
Three organizational components comprise SDT: the professional Company, the School of Spectrum Dance Theater, and [Community] Engagement programs. Under Donald Byrd’s visionary artistic leadership since 2002, the organization has embarked on an exhilarating transformation that has attracted world-class dancers, produced some of the most avant-garde works in contemporary dance, and generated local and national praise. In addition to its main stage productions, SDT launched in February 2006 its first STUDIO SERIES in its own Studio Theater on Lake Washington. Plans for national and international touring continue to grow.
Spectrum Dance Theater (SDT) is seeking a Marketing & Communications Director at ¾ time to create, implement, and manage strategic and tactical communications that align with SDT’s mission, vision, values, and strategic objectives.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and measurement of all marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both internal and external. This includes directing the efforts of the marketing communications staff as well as collaborating and coordinating with other departments and personnel at the organization.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Direct the development and execution of an annual integrated digital marketing strategy and communication plan that drives audience engagement (for the Company) and enrollment & participation (for the School and Engagement), while gathering and reporting meaningful data analytics for organization-wide decision making and collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders
- Integrate the internal, external, digital, collateral, public relations, advertising, events, and community engagement components of marketing and communications to engage current and future SDT community members, students, and audiences.
- Manage projects through communication planning, setting scope and priorities and reaching deliverables in a timely manner as well as oversee the development of high quality, consistent and culturally aligned content.
- Lead, mentor, coach, and develop the marketing and communication team and their associated projects and deliverables.
- Partner and collaborate with third-party vendors and organizations to complete the broader marketing and communication strategies.
- Utilizes data and analytics in support of marketing and communication activities and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business, Marketing, or related area of study and 2 years or more of demonstrated strategic success with digital and print marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, internal/external communication or previous experience that shows the use of skills necessary to successfully execute this position
- Experience managing people and projects
- An affinity for current digital technologies and demonstrated verbal, visual, written, and digital expertise
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in a collaborative, multifaceted, diverse environment
- Experience working in the Arts and/or with Development/Fundraising/Events
- A creative innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Salary range for this position is $52,000-$55,000 DOE
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled